Tuesday 4 May 2010

Ebay helmet result!



My latest addition to the 'cool helmet shelf'. A Chas Owen 'Haltstone', fibreglass full-face helmet with leather interior. The stickers on it appear to be the original 'safety stickers'. 
The seller described it as a 'small' and seeing as how I wear a 'large' I'd accepted that it wouldn't fit me in a million years and would take up residence on the afore-mentioned shelf. It arrived today and after I'd taken up a good lungful of its heady, vintage stock-room aroma I pulled it on; fully expecting it to get stuck halfway. To my absolute JOY it fits like a glove! Check out the strange twin straps, anyone know what that's about ?

1 comment:

  1. Bollocks i watched that all week then never bid ! how cheap was that .. well done by the way :-(

    ReplyDelete